Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Race for the Cure and 2 new parks

Saturday was the Race for the Cure in Columbus. Ian ran for the first time, with a collegue from work, in celebration of our Mom, Cheryl. Watching the race was inspiring and saddening at the same time. I have been struggling lately with the loss of my Mom. She was such a wonderful person and an inspiration to all who knew her. It's difficult to not have her around anymore (even though I know she is with me in spirit.) SO if you still have your Mom, don't miss an opportunity to call her to tell her you love her and thank her for being there for you.
On Sunday we attended my cousin's First Communion Party. Here W. is watching her open her gifts. The girls in the background are friends of my cousin.

I started a playgroup called Monday Moms. This is our first official playdate at the Topiary Park at the Old Deaf School on Town Street behind the main library. There were 4 Moms and 6 children in attendance. The kids fed the ducks, played tag, rolled down a hill and ate snacks (thank you Abby!)



Here's W. posing for on one of the topiarys. Of course, as soon as we got there W. asked where the playground was. I had to be the bearer of bad news...no playground at this park.


This is from today. We took at walk to the King Arts Complex playground on Garfield(?) just off Mt. Vernon Ave.




No comments: